5 Course Modules + 50 Discussion Questions
Required Book (not included)
Pass, Denise. Shame Off You: From Hiding to Healing, Abingdon Press, 2018.
This course is a general study of Bible doctrine designed to introduce the student to the work of Christ. This course presents the following areas of doctrine: Christlogy, Attributes of God, Works of Christ, Sin, Salvation, and Justification.
The Bible Cafe™ provides, for its students, a deeper understanding of the Scriptures. In so doing, it is necessary to develop a thorough understanding of Christian doctrine as it is presented throughout the Bible. This course provides students with a firm theological grounding which will serve as a guide to “Do not be afraid; you will not be put to shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth” (Isaiah 54:4 NIV).
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain how Jesus conquered shame at the cross.
- Discuss key doctrinal terms as they relate to shames foundation and impact.
- Distinguish between the differences of church-based shame and worldview shame.
- Understand how to remove shame and its consequences from your life.
- Differentiate between condemnation and conviction.
- Compare the different costs of shame with modern worldviews.
Disclaimer: Bible Cafe™ facilitates online Bible study courses. We are affiliated with this author and publisher (site sponsor). The above resources provide information consistent with the latest research regarding the subject area. Bible Cafe™ does not necessarily endorse specific personal, religious, philosophical, or political positions found in these resources. We do not provide counseling and this course is not a substitute for professional therapy services.