7 Course Modules + 70 Discussion Questions
Required Book (not included)
Spoelstra, Melissa. First Corinthians: Living Love When We Disagree. Abingdon Women, 2067.
Video sessions from Melissa Spoelstra are available to purchase at Amazon or Abingdon. (optional but recommended)
This course is a general study of Bible doctrine designed to introduce the student to the character of Christ. This course presents the following areas of doctrine: Christlogy, Attributes of God, Works of Christ, Sin, Salvation, and Justification.
The Bible Cafe™ provides, for its students, a deeper understanding of the Scriptures. In so doing, it is necessary to develop a thorough understanding of Christian doctrine as it is presented throughout the Bible. This course provides students with a firm theological grounding which will serve as a guide to “Now I urge you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree in what you say, that there be no divisions among you, and that you be united with the same understanding and the same conviction.” (1 Corinthians 1:10 HCSB).
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain how Christians are able to deal with differences in a loving way.
- Discuss key doctrinal terms as they relate to unity and diversity.
- Distinguish between the differences and implications of the surrounding culture and Christian Biblical view.
- Understand how to disagree with others while maintaining your beliefs.
- Differentiate between worldviews and Christ-focused beliefs.
- Compare conflict resolutions with modern worldviews.
Disclaimer: Bible Cafe™ facilitates online Bible study courses. We are affiliated with this author or publisher (site sponsor). The above resources provide information consistent with the latest research regarding the subject area. Bible Cafe™ does not necessarily endorse specific personal, religious, philosophical, or political positions found in these resources.