It’s time for another online bible study at the Womens Bible Cafe™! Welcome back as we review week four of Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. Last week we asked some tough questions and one in particular is worthy of re-posting here. Though we’re each in a different season of life and have different relationships with God, you’ll notice a common thread: we are loved.
What Words Would You Like to Wear Inside Your Princess Crown (from last week’s group discussion)
- We are all children of God, by His grace mercilessly forgiven and loved no matter what
- You are loved.
- Welcome home, what took you so long.
- You are the apple of My eye.
- You are my child and not a victim or afraid. My beautiful child.
- Believing the truth… will set you free.
- God’s dearly loved child.
- You will soar on wings like eagles; you will run and not grow weary, you will walk and not be faint. You are a chosen.
- Put the crown on your head (I loved this one…. 🙂 )
- Let go and Let God control your life.
- You my daughter are an heir to the King, your are loved and cherished.
- You are loved with an everlasting love.
- I am here, beside you. Walk in my path and you will have troubles no more.
- I am beautiful to God.
- Always remember I love you and you are precious to me.
- I don’t have a clue at what my crown would say…. most days I feel like a peasant not a princess!
- To my daughter, remember nothing can separate you from my love.
- Let go and let God. It’s ok to let go of past mistakes and continue to do better through belief in his word.
- Always remember that you are My child and you are as I am, the greatest Love of all.
- Stand fast. (Or it could say “put the safety helmet on and trust your Father…”)
- There is nothing you can do to make me love you more or love you less.
- Trust in me my daughter with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge me your loving Father and I will direct your path.
- The inside of my crown would simply say “I love you, my daughter.”
- Daughter, as you put on this crown remember that beauty comes from within. Reflect my love in all you say and do – a more beautiful sight I will never see.
Recognize that your name belongs in this list and you are loved by God. After our study this week, you now realize that your sin NO MATTER HOW BIG is forgiven by your Father God. When you look at the nail scared hands realize that those scars are for you and me. They are not for someone else…someone “more Christian”…or someone with smaller sins.
Ladies, when you look at the hands of Jesus you are looking at God’s love for His daughter. Never again look away and say “not me. I’m the one who’s sin is too big for Jesus.” If you do reject His forgiveness, you’re in bondage to a lie.
Recognize that your sin- big or small- is washed away by the blood of the Lamb. “Don’t let the enemy bind and hold you hostage anymore” writes Nancy Leigh DeMos
Assignment For Next Week
- Pray for the women who are doing this study with you.
- Read Chapter Five in your book and companion guide.
- Look at the list of Key Resources on page 269 for topics addressed in this book
- Check in with your Small Group Leader
Have a great week…share what you are learning with others as you grow in truth!
God is good…always!