Welcome to our introduction week of Lies Women Believe at the Women’s Bible Study Cafe™. We are leading this study because so many women have been deceived or know someone who had been deceived! This is a five-week Bible study and focused on exposing the lies and replacing them with truth.
We’ll be reading the book Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss as she gives insight into breaking free from deception and enemy schemes. As you read the book and (optional) companion guide, you’ll discover Nancy is a woman who is not afraid of telling the truth. She backs the truth with wisdom from scripture and reveals ways to avoid traps and temptation through these lies.
As we participate in the study, we begin to discover lies we knew …and lies we were blinded to, just like Eve when she tasted the apple. “You and I have been lied to. We have been deceived,” writes Nancy and we’re about to take a 10-week journey to uncover specific areas of our lives where the enemy tried to deceive and destroy us.
As I write this tonight, my heart is breaking and Jesus brings tears to my eyes. Preparing for this study reminds me that we can be tempted by Satan as he makes the lie look appealing…or we can weigh the lie against the Truth of knowing God. We’re in a spiritual battle for our lives and if we don’t know the difference between the lie and the Truth, we lose.
We can choose to live in ignorance and battle the lies year after year, or we can choose knowledge and arm ourselves for spiritual battles. Through our own desire we can recognize the lies and guard our hearts, minds and souls. When we know the truth…we find peace and comfort by knowing God’s Word.
Fighting the enemy will not be easy and you will experience resistance. I’ve completed the Lies Women Believe study with my church small group and the spiritual warfare I saw surrounding it was intense. Do you really think Satan wants you to know the lies he’s been using against you? Of course not! So he will discourage you, distract you, and even deceive you to entice you into quitting the study. He’s not willing to let go of his captives and the longer you’ve believed the lies… the bigger the battle.
Decide now to live in ignorance to the lies you are permitting in your life…or decide now to discover the lies and reclaim the Truth in scripture. I’m on a journey to discover these lies and arm myself with the Truth…and I hope you’ll join me in this informative bible study by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.
If This Is Your First Bible Study- How to Participate
Here is what you can expect from your participation in Online Bible study
- Pray before you begin reading. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to wisdom and truth.
- Set a time to complete a daily lesson, five days a week. You might “habit stack” this with another activity you are already doing. Look for something you do daily, then set your Bible and workbook in a visible place. Reminder yourself when the habit is complete, PICK UP your study.
- Visit the Bible Cafe™ anytime and join in the group discussion by posting a comment.
- Avoid perfection. If you focus entirely on perfectionism- such as perfect handwriting, pretty journaling, and extended research- you will most likely get discouraged and drop the study. Its OKAY not to be perfect. Come as you are.
- Keep it simple. When I like what the author is saying, I will mark the letter “Q” next to the sentence, and this reminds me I’ll want to quote the author and post it on Facebook or Twitter. Later.
- Stay offline when you are spending time (intimacy) with God. Put your phone down during your 20 minutes of Bible time.
For Next Week
- Write a letter to God on the inside cover of your workbook. Put today’s date inside your book and tell Him where you are in your life right now, and where you hope He leads you during your study of Lies Women Believe.
- Read Chapter One in your book and (optional) companion guide.
- Check in with your Small Group Leader. Contact us if you have not heard from your leader.