Are you ready for another Online Bible Study? We are reading Gideon: Your Weakness, God’s Strength by Priscilla Shirer. This is a six-week online Bible study about God and His people. You’ll learn about His love for rebellious people. And you also learn about His strength in spite of their weakness—even through their weakness. And so, because God’s people includes you and me, Gideon’s story is also about us—our lives, our doubts, our struggles, and our possibilities as believers.
From a state of fear, weakness, and insecurity, Gideon emerged as a national hero. He became filled with God’s presence and His passion for deliverance. This study will encourage you to recognize your weakness as the key that the Lord gives you to unlock the full experience of His strength in your life.
In what ways do you feel insufficient? Those places create the greatest opportunity to experience the sufficiency of God. Instead of ignoring, neglecting, or trying to escape your weaknesses, see them as the gifts that they are, given specifically and strategically by God to unlock the door of God’s strength.
To participate in this online womens online bible study, you need a copy of the workbook available at ChristianBook, Lifeway, or Amazon.
If you have never participated in online study at the Womens Bible Cafe™, it’s pretty simple. You’ll read the workbook at home, then visit the Womens Bible Cafe™ to participate in online group discussions.
Participate by yourself or with a friend. Either way, you won’t be alone! We have prepared resources to guide you through this course. Let’s Study, Connect, and Grow.
By the way…we strongly recommend you get the book early. It’s so much fun…you don’t want to miss out because you ordered your book too late!
The Priscilla Shirer videos sessions for Gideon are available for download via Lifeway. We do not require these for the online study due to the cost, though highly recommended and enjoyable.
How to Join the Gideon Online Bible Study
If This Is Your First Bible Study- How to Participate
Here is what you can expect from your participation in the Gideon Online Bible study
- Pray before you begin reading. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to wisdom and truth.
- Set a time to complete a daily lesson, five days a week. You might “habit stack” this with another activity you are already doing. Look for something you do daily, then set your Bible and workbook in a visible place. Reminder yourself when the habit is complete, PICK UP your study.
- Visit the Bible Cafe™ anytime and join in the group discussion by posting a comment.
- Avoid perfection. If you focus entirely on perfectionism- such as perfect handwriting, pretty journaling, and extended research- you will most likely get discouraged and drop the study. Its OKAY not to be perfect. Come as you are.
- Keep it simple. When I like what the author is saying, I will mark the letter “Q” next to the sentence, and this reminds me I’ll want to quote the author and post it on Facebook or Twitter. Later.
- Stay offline when you are spending time (intimacy) with God. Put your phone down during your 20 minutes of Bible time.
Assignment For the Next Week
- Get the Gideon study book from your favorite local or online store.
- Schedule time in your planner for five days of Bible study each week, and one hour for a small group discussion each week
- Register for a small group at the Bible Cafe™