Welcome to online bible study as we begin reading Gideon, Your Weakness God’s Strength by Priscilla Shirer. In this 6-week womens online bible study, you’ll discover one man’s struggle with his own weakness and the One True God who transformed it into triumph. You’ll also learn personal reflections applicable to your own experience and life. It’s not too late to sign-up and join us in the Gideon study.
Gideon Your Weakness, God’s Strength
Each week there are five daily lessons in the Gideon Bible study. And so, you will read one lesson per day for five days of the week. As you read your Bible study, you’ll experience putting God first in your life.
If we read in the morning, our focus will be on Him at the start of our day. It’s interesting when we read in the morning, we’re often reminded of our lesson throughout our busy day. A verse or a phrase will simmer in our mind and then refreshes itself sometime in the day. For me, this is one of the greatest benefits of Bible study and why I desire to share it with you as I lead the study. Some of you may prefer to read in the evenings or on your lunch hour…the important thing is to get started and create a routine.
Create a daily appointment with God, and don’t let anything pull you away from intimacy with Him. A good plan is to read each morning Monday through Friday, allowing the weekend to make up any lesson you missed during the week. Keep your study time simple and free from distractions.
You may find that keeping everything you need in one place will help you stay motivated. I have a basket with my Bible, workbook, journal, pens, highlighters, reading glasses and post it notes. If you are new to Bible study and don’t own a Bible yet, then use one of the many online versions at FREE sites or apps.
You are invited to participate in small group discussion at the Bible Cafe™. The first week our small groups will have introduction sessions, where you’ll meet your leader and co-leader, as well as the other women in your group. We’ll explain how the small groups function and help you get started in online Bible study.
Assignment For The Week
- Write a letter to God on the inside cover of your workbook. Put today’s date inside your book and tell Him where you are in your life right now, and where you hope He leads you during this study.
- Pray before you begin reading. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to wisdom.
- Begin reading Week One in your workbook
- If you are watching the Priscilla Shirer videos, watch Session One, available through Lifeway (not required for participation in the study).
- Join a small group discussion to meet your leaders and the women who who will be in your study each week